Last week the CHS track teams competed in the Region Championship. The girls came in second, falling by just two points, 183-181, to Woodruff. Woodruff also clinched the boys’ region title; CHS boys came in third. Thirteen Lady Red Devils and 12 guys advanced to the Upper State qualifier this weekend at Seneca.
The following ladies won the region in their events:
- The 4×100 team posted the top time in the state for AAA girls with a time 49.46 sec.
- Aaliyah Johnston, Maya Smith and Quiana Suber go into Saturday as the top three girl sprinters in the 200, 100 and 400m respectively.
- PJ Bluford won the Region III boys field track MVP, qualifying for long jump, high jump and the 4×100.
- Paige Trent broke the Clinton High School record in the 1600m.
- Keria Dendy hopes to retain her title as one of the top throwers in the state.
- Asia Boyd hopes to make it to the State meet in the 800m for a school record of three times in a row.